JOIN A COUNCIL
Serve on a Council: There are a number of councils for disABILITYsa and ways in which to engage in the organization.
- Advisory Council: Members bring a diverse perspective to the organization, making themselves available to staff for input, feedback and advice. Members participate in the strategic planning for the organization and promote disABILITYsa within the community. Members are asked to make an annual contribution to the organization.
- Giving Council: Members make an annual contribution of $1,000 or more ($84/month).
- Friendship Council: Members attend and promote disABILITYsa's friend-raising events and invite others to join them.
- Volunteer Council: Members volunteer at two or more program or events annually, participate in outreach efforts for disABILITYsa and/or serve as a Service Captain for our Leadership & Service Program.
- Community Conversations Council: Members offer their insight as a person with experience or expertise in the areas of Transportation, Employment, Housing, Medical Care, Education and Socialization as it relates to living in San Antonio with a disability. Council members may contribute through verbal presentations or with written contributions to the website and publications. If you have stories, resources or other information to share with the community, please email us at email@example.com.
- Connections Council: Members are extremely knowledgeable about the resources in the San Antonio community and surrounding areas for people facing Cognitive, Physical, Sensory and Mental Health challenges. Members work collaboratively to serve our community more comprehensively.
- Engagement Council: Members serve on a planning team for one of disABILITYsa's community engagement programs.
- Fiesta Especial®
- AccessAbility fest
- Disability Pride Parade
- Leadership & Service Program
- Service Leadership