BOARD COMMITTEE SERVICE
Serve on a Committee: These positions are not board positions, but work along with board members to develop the strategy, direction and policy for the organization.
- Finance: Selected by the Board Chairman to review and recommend the annual budget to the Board of Directors for approval. Furthermore, to review the budget performance on a monthly basis, to appoint the Agency auditor, to act on recommendations of the committee, staff, and the auditor in an effective and financially prudent manner, and make required financial reports to the Board of Directors. This committee will also review the investment performance regularly, to determine endowment needs and develop strategy, to investigate and recommend planned giving instruments, to participate in donor cultivation when appropriate, and to inform attorneys and estate planners, when appropriate, about disABILITYsa.
- Governance: Selected by the Board Chairman to review and recommend governance policy for disABILITYsa; review and recommend changes to the bylaws as necessary and implement Board development, i.e. identification, education and solicitation of prospective Board members, nominate a slate of officers and directors to the Board for election on or before the last meeting of each Board year and evaluate active Board members identifying areas where training is needed.
- Fund Development: Selected by the Board Chairman to recommend and review the implementation of all fund raising activities, i.e. special events, direct mail solicitation, Annual Fund, and grant requests. Furthermore, to identify those publics that can support disABILITYsa in achieving its mission and to develop positive relationships with those publics.
- Mission: Selected by the Board Chairman to develop, to continually assess, and ensure implementation of goals and objectives that align with the mission of the Agency. The committee’s function is to address the present and to draw a clear picture of what disABILITYsa wants to look like in the future by evaluating existing programs, overseeing program expansion or development, and facilitating board conversations about disABILITYsa programs.
- Advocacy: Selected by the Board Chairman to review and recommend preliminary positions and strategies for disABILITYsa's advocacy agenda annually. This committee will work to recruit, train and cultivate advocates and ambassadors to implement disABILITYsa's advocacy agenda using various strategies, serving as the voice of individuals with disabilities before local, state and federal legislators and policy makers.